Friday, 27 May 2016

A Threesome in the Afternoon!

The reason for posting so many things today is that I had to rebuild my blog as the previous one had glitches that drove me mad over the last several months.

This painting is for an exhibition and was inspired by a couple of days in Lyme Regis last October.  Glorious weather and glorious place full of inspiration.  One afternoon I looked over the harbour wall at low tide and saw dozens of ideas to paint and these 3 boats were just below me.  The light was lowish and everything was so clear.  The different shapes and states of repair, the stagnant water in the lefthand boat part in shadow, yummy stuff for an artist!

The cheeky title of this post is definitely not the title for the painting!

A Tangle of Tracks and Tenders
Oil on canvas board, 12 xy 16 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...