- A busy last week or so. The 2 military caricatures are now in stock as limited edition military prints - available through my website.
- Collected from an exhibition in Surrey.
- An official commission of a caricature for presentation in a few weeks time will appear here in due course but I don't want to spill the beans in advance of the person receiving it!
- A couple of nights near Rye with exploration and inspiration for paintings.
- Sent off 7 paintings to a gallery in Edinburgh.
- Ordered some prints of a painting relevant to D-Day.
- Working hard on last minute pictures for exhibitions and awaiting the frames which I shall be finishing by hand rather against the clock, I suspect.
- Judged artists for a county exhibition that will run throughout July.
- Featured with a long article in of The Artist and Leisure Painter magazines latest online eNewsletter.
This painting was inspired by a visit to Dubai some years ago. It is a very typical scene in so many Middle East countries. The marigolds are to do with a Hindu festival where garlands are hung on things people value most in their life. So the shop/storekeeper loves his jumble of a store but his bike is not rated so highly!
Souk storeroom with marigolds, Dubai
Oil on canvas board, 12 x 10 inches