Monday, 13 January 2014

Breach of artist's copyright

Ah, that old chestnut - the flagrant breaching of an artist's copyright!
Today I was made aware that a militaria journal had used one of my paintings, anonymously, for the cover of its December 2013 edition.  This is upsetting as, although I still own the copyright, the painting is owned elsewhere - and, to compound the sin, the magazine has made its reproduction at quite a large size from a limited edition print!  It would have taken a few seconds to find my contact details via the internet.  Copyright is such a serious matter but this is far from being the first time it has happened to me.  Anyway, at least they will attribute it to me in the next edition..........and include an apology!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...